TownUnderground - Londonderry, NH
May 23, 2019, 10:19:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow TownUpdate.com on Facebook or Twitter

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LT - Srugis Steps Down from Town Budget Committee  (Read 758 times)
GDouglas
Administrator

« on: September 02, 2012, 01:04:10 PM »

From the Londonderry Times www.NutPub.net

Srugis Steps Down from Town Budget Committee
Kathleen D. Bailey
Londonderry Times
8/29/2012

Marty Srugis’s resignation from the Londonderry Budget Committee is, in part, the result of tighter budgets at his work. Srugis, who was elected in March, resigned last week from the Budget Committee, citing restrictions on his free time.

“I couldn’t get to anything,” Srugis said, referring to the meetings. Srugis, director of Food Service for New Hampshire Hospital in Concord, lost a managerial position due to state budget cuts. “I didn’t think it would affect me that badly,” he said. But he’s had to do more hands-on supervision, he said, and something had to go.

Srugis is also a member of the Master Plan, Heritage and Solid Waste commitees and also works with LAFA – Londonderry Athletics and Field Association – the youth sports program in town. In his letter to Interim Town Manager William Hart Jr., Srugis wrote that his resignation was effective on receipt of the letter.

“I apologize to the Budget Committee and to the voters of Londonderry,” he wrote. “But in the last two months it has been painfully obvious that I don’t have the stamina to do justice to this committee and do my do diligence on the committee. “My full-time job has become more demanding and takes all my time and energy,” he wrote. “I made a mistake in overextending myself in becoming a member of the Budget Committee and need to make a change before the Budget Committee gets heavily into the Budget season.”

Commenting on his resignation, Srugis said, “Everyone has been good about it, but I just can’t get the job done after work. Work is taking too much energy out of me and I can’t handle the load now, not to mention when the season gets really heavy.” Committee chairman Dan Lekas said, “Marty just felt he couldn’t put in the time needed to be a member. His job is very time-consuming.”

The committee has been meeting monthly since March, Lekas said, and is about to step up its schedule to keep pace with budget season. The amount of “homework” needed is up to the individual member, he said. Srugis had also been secretary and was responsible for the minutes, Lekas said.

Lekas said Srugis’ position would be filled by appointment from the Town Council. He expected that to take place in the near future.

Glenn Douglas
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: