TownUnderground - Londonderry, NH
October 19, 2018, 01:58:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow TownUpdate.com on Facebook or Twitter

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DN - New Londonderry Town Councils has rocky start  (Read 2691 times)
GDouglas
Administrator

« on: March 18, 2011, 06:47:08 AM »

From the Derry News

New Londonderry Town Councils has rocky start
By Suzanne Laurent
March 17, 2011

LONDONDERRY — Tensions quickly rose during the brief four-minute Town Council meeting after Town Meeting adjoined Saturday.

Complete article Here

Glenn Douglas
GDouglas
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 01:05:44 PM »

From the article, emphasis added:

Before that first meeting, Dolan said members typically try to get an understanding of the direction the council is heading in for the upcoming year.

"We squeezed the budget dramatically this year and the next available source of budget reductions would come from finding some synergies between the school and town," Dolan said. "When you pursue that, you really need a strong trusted relationship in order to have meaningful discussions."

Given the outstanding lawsuit, Dolan said, it didn't "make a lot of sense to have one of the plaintiffs be the leader of town government."

"We though it would be best for the taxpayers to have someone who could create bridge," Dolan said. "I put this to Joe, and I thought we had an agreement."

So we need a bridge to the School Board?

So how is the bridge building going? Let's look at some of the drive by comments:

"should be a fun year watching the circus"
"cuddling with your new stooge. New Jersey Shore boy Joe Green"
"Now we have Dumb and Dumber as town leaders"
"having to associate with these goof balls"
"I know why I never liked watching the 3 stooges. Now they’re running my town!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bufoons."
"You mean an illegal meeting happen beforehand"
"The three stooges almost stole the show from Al"

And where is the call for decorum and respect?

Only a few of the regulars spoke up using a real name
Paul DiMarco, Keith Tharp, Chris Melcher, George Herrmann, Glenn Douglas , and George Herrmann a second time, George gets a bonus point.

This is not the first time a barage of insults and personal attacks has been fired off from LondonderryNH. It seems to be happening more and more frequently. The targets always seems to be those individuals with whom the site owners disagree. The attacks for the most part being delivered by a host of anonymous residents. I'm tired of the games, the sour politics in town.

If we want bridges in town, maybe we need to look at everyone on both sides and ask why only a few are calling for a return to civility.

Is this bridger one-way or should we expect two-way traffic?

Glenn Douglas
AL Baldasaro
Member:Full

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 02:41:16 PM »

From the article, emphasis added:

Before that first meeting, Dolan said members typically try to get an understanding of the direction the council is heading in for the upcoming year.

"We squeezed the budget dramatically this year and the next available source of budget reductions would come from finding some synergies between the school and town," Dolan said. "When you pursue that, you really need a strong trusted relationship in order to have meaningful discussions."

Given the outstanding lawsuit, Dolan said, it didn't "make a lot of sense to have one of the plaintiffs be the leader of town government."

"We though it would be best for the taxpayers to have someone who could create bridge," Dolan said. "I put this to Joe, and I thought we had an agreement."

So we need a bridge to the School Board?

So how is the bridge building going? Let's look at some of the drive by comments:

"should be a fun year watching the circus"
"cuddling with your new stooge. New Jersey Shore boy Joe Green"
"Now we have Dumb and Dumber as town leaders"
"having to associate with these goof balls"
"I know why I never liked watching the 3 stooges. Now they’re running my town!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bufoons."
"You mean an illegal meeting happen beforehand"
"The three stooges almost stole the show from Al"

And where is the call for decorum and respect?

Only a few of the regulars spoke up using a real name
Paul DiMarco, Keith Tharp, Chris Melcher, George Herrmann, Glenn Douglas , and George Herrmann a second time, George gets a bonus point.

This is not the first time a barage of insults and personal attacks has been fired off from LondonderryNH. It seems to be happening more and more frequently. The targets always seems to be those individuals with whom the site owners disagree. The attacks for the most part being delivered by a host of anonymous residents. I'm tired of the games, the sour politics in town.

If we want bridges in town, maybe we need to look at everyone on both sides and ask why only a few are calling for a return to civility.

Is this bridger one-way or should we expect two-way traffic?

Glen,
After the Town Meeting, I asked Tom Dolan, since Sean is the Chair now, just maybe he could work with the Town Manager on a Sub-Committee to meet with School Superintendent & school Board and work on combining positions to save money, so let's see if he took me up on that.

I stopped posting for now on that sight because I felt it was Yellow Journalism and every time I posted the laws?constitution Articles to back up the facts, I was attacked personally by many Anonymous Posters. So it was not worth the aggravation dealing with that. If they ever become a respectable site, just maybe some of us that stopped posting might come back.

I will try to keep your Bloggers/readers posted on what is happening in Concord and here in Londonderry when I see people posting false information.

I am proud that Sean and Brian teamed up with me to protect our Constitutional Rights to Vote. it is a shame that many educated people were blinded or just did not read the laws/articles I posted for them, which would of saved the Tax Payers thousands of dollars.

AL
bmahan
Member:Full

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 03:37:51 PM »

Glen,

Unfortunately, I beleve that when those bridges are built they will come with toll booths.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: