TownUnderground - Londonderry, NH
May 25, 2018, 02:23:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow TownUpdate.com on Facebook or Twitter

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 23 Comments!  (Read 1280 times)
GDouglas
Administrator

« on: March 11, 2011, 08:57:59 PM »

I've read quite a few comments on another website about this years election season getting out of control. Too much rhetoric, personal attacks, etc. In most cases rhetoric has come from anonymous individuals hiding behind a fake name and attacking those either in office or running for office.

I did a little checking today on the stats of this website. In the last 108 days there have been a total of 23 comments posted by anonymous people. The comments were posted by three individuals; 2 from one person, 8 from another, and 13 from someone else. The last person uses a first initial last name for a screen name, so it's debatable if they are anonymous.

All in all that's not too bad.

Town Meeting is tomorrow morning and so ends 2011 election season.

Glenn Douglas
Stewie
Member:Full

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 06:04:41 AM »

With all the noise on the other website about how Town Meeting is so great and SB2 is awful, here's a comment from Kathy Wagner.

Kathy Wagner

March 10, 2011 at 4:25 pm | Reply

Dan,

We should probably have someone produce a video explaining this before next year. The Deliberative is held about month before the vote. It is basically the same thing as town meeting. The budget can be amended on the floor then it goes to ballot. The voters will have two choices what comes out of the session and the default. All of the articles can be amended including citizens petitions, union contracts.

At a Deliberative you can amend dollar figures just like on the floor of town meeting.

In her words, "It is basically the same thing as town meeting".  So why all the drama.  Simple.  Wagner and all the others had more chances to control 250 voters at Town Meeting than the 2000 voters under SB2.   

GDouglas
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 08:24:24 AM »

on the other website

You mean...... www.LondonderryNH.net, www.LondonderryNH.net, www.LondonderryNH.net, www.LondonderryNH.net, www.LondonderryNH.net, www.LondonderryNH.net, www.LondonderryNH.net

Yes, I said it....I just couldn't resist....No Fear Here Grin Grin

Time for breakfast, maybe waffles  Lips Sealed
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 08:29:58 AM by GDouglas » Logged

Glenn Douglas
AL Baldasaro
Member:Full

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 10:47:22 AM »

You mean...... www.LondonderryNH.net, www.LondonderryNH.net, www.LondonderryNH.net, www.LondonderryNH.net, www.LondonderryNH.net, www.LondonderryNH.net, www.LondonderryNH.net

Yes, I said it....I just couldn't resist....No Fear Here Grin Grin

Time for breakfast, maybe waffles  Lips Sealed
Glen,
That site has gone to the gutter and I am done posting on it for now. I along with many others brought credibility to that site by me even taking the time in keeping people informed on state issues and correcting many false posting.

In my opinion we proved at the Polls where that site has no effect over the town because people read right through it with all the negative attacks against me and other candidates who ran to serve our community.

You personally took a lot of negative hits and not only by Anonymous posters but by Kathy.

They have proved to be the real YELLOW JOURNALISM site of Londonderry.

Good luck to them and I hope Vice Chair Joe green, Councilor Tom Freda and Chairman Sean Okeef do not feed into them as they already proved that the site has no play what so ever in our town with all the negative posting.

The people have spoken at the polls  Wink, so they need to stop their whining  Cry and be part of the solution  Cheesy and not the problem.

AL

GDouglas
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 12:43:55 PM »

I posted this several months back

A Bloggers' Code of Ethics

It's worth a re-read

Glenn Douglas
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: