TownUnderground - Londonderry, NH
November 18, 2019, 11:01:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow TownUpdate.com on Facebook or Twitter

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Londonderry Conducting Open Space Internet Survey  (Read 1460 times)
GDouglas
Administrator

« on: February 23, 2011, 04:13:14 PM »

Londonderry Conducting Open Space Internet Survey

For Immediate Release
jvogl@londonderrynh.org
603-432-1100 x128

Londonderry residents are being asked for their input regarding open space policies and purchases by way of a new internet survey launched by the Town’s Open Space Task Force.  This survey was launched on February 22 and is intended to be open for 30 days, allowing the Task Force to collect information on residents’ priorities for open space, such as what types of land deserve protection and what means should be used to secure it.
The survey is intended to help better understand residents' attitudes, opinions, and needs for the natural values and benefits of such open spaces as forests, agriculture and habitat for plants and animals.  The benefits from these natural resources include clean water, protection from flooding, food production, outdoor recreation, and beautiful scenery, to name a few.

According to GIS Manager John Vogl, the Task Force was established by the Londonderry Council to provide an update of the 2005 Open Space Plan and provide direction for future conservation purchases.  After spending $8M in bonds over the last several years, key to everyone’s mind, he said, is the question of ‘how much is enough?’  The new plan is intended to shed light on that question by identifying first an inventory of open space resources (land, stewardship, financing) and second an inventory of the need for open space to meet the aforementioned benefits.  The Task Force will assemble the results of these two inventories plus feedback from a Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats (SWOT) analysis and yet-to-be-announced public workshops into a final report.

With the on-line survey, the Town is asking for resident views relative to open space purchases and priorities in Londonderry: how much you value it, why you value it, how you use it, how to protect it, and, if necessary, how much we should pay for it?   What should be the town’s role in protecting and maintaining open space?  Which open spaces are most important?  Vogl said the results would be tabulated and presented in the final report.
All residents are encouraged to participate.  The survey can be found on the front page of the Town of Londonderry website at www.londonderrynh.org

Link to the survey here

Glenn Douglas
GDouglas
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 10:23:15 PM »

There seems to be a flaw in the online survey. After completing the survey I clicked the link again. The survey came up and allowed me to answer questions. I cancelled out after the first two or three questions.

Glenn Douglas
Bill P
Member:Full

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 09:51:09 AM »

I live in town but just completed the survey from a computer 25 miles outside of town.  I hope the IP addresses are being logged and tracked by location.    I’m concerned an extreme environmental group could band together from everywhere across the country to blitz the survey and skew results that are not reflecting the views of Londonderry Taxpayers. 

I will put this concern in writing directly to Mr. Vogl as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: