TownUnderground - Londonderry, NH
December 10, 2019, 04:13:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow TownUpdate.com on Facebook or Twitter

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DINL - Meeting falls short of quorum requirement  (Read 1258 times)
GDouglas
Administrator

« on: February 14, 2011, 01:16:01 PM »

From the Derry Ink News Link

Meeting falls short of quorum requirement
By APRIL GUILMET
Union Leader Correspondent
February 14, 2011

LONDONDERRY -- With much controversy over the deliberative session’s mandatory quorum in recent months, 500 was a very important number indeed on Friday night. It’s a number school district officials have been unable to reach for the past several years. And when the time came to vote Friday evening, just 446 residents filled the seats at Londonderry High School, yet again falling short of the minimum attendance needed for residents to amend warrant articles. “I think a lot of people are here specifically to cut the special interest groups,” resident Glenn Douglas said.

Complete story here

From the article “I think a lot of people are here specifically to cut the special interest groups,” resident Glenn Douglas said".

I'm not sure that is exactly what I said. If it was it must have been a case of the jitters. My comments were specifically addressed to those in attendance that were concerned about the $900,000 cut that was circulated via emails. The email stating that getting 500 people to attend was the only way to stop the 'special interest' group.

Glenn Douglas
Sean O'Keefe
Member:Full

Sean O'Keefe

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 02:19:50 PM »

She very rarely gets the story right...you shouldn't sweat it.
CMelcher
Member:Full

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 03:04:49 PM »

It's not at all what you said, but to be honest with you, I wasn't sure exactly what you were asking either...thanks for clarification
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: