TownUnderground - Londonderry, NH
June 17, 2019, 11:44:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow TownUpdate.com on Facebook or Twitter

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Linked Events
  • Recreation Commission: February 12, 2007
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recreation Commission Meeting 2/12/2007  (Read 2877 times)
GDouglas
Administrator

« on: February 08, 2007, 06:51:00 AM »

Event Title: Recreation Commission
Where: Sunnycrest Conference Room, 1st. Flr.
Monday, February 12, 2007
Time: 7:30 PM EST

Glenn Douglas
GDouglas
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 06:47:56 PM »

Meeting Agenda

OLD BUSINESS

1. Londonderry Presbyterian Church Softball
2. Request Impact fees for lights at LAFA
3. Skate Park – Bicycles

NEW BUSINESS

1. LBC Sanctioning
2. LAFA Sanctioning
3. LYFS Sanctioning 
4. Blue Lions Sanctioning

OTHER BUSINESS

Glenn Douglas
GDouglas
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 12:52:04 AM »

Meeting Notes:
Commissioners Boyle and Manning not present. Town Council liaison Dolan was also absent.

OLD BUSINESS

1. Londonderry Presbyterian Church Softball
   Notes: The group did not attend the meeting
2. Request Impact fees for lights at LAFA
   Notes: Town Council has approved $87,400 The Impact fee fund is currently $153,739
3. Skate Park – Bicycles
   Notes: A. Psaledas spoke to the park designer. Some maintenance required. Will wait until later in spring to address the issue

NEW BUSINESS

1. LBC Sanctioning
   Notes: Commission recommended sanctioning
2. LAFA Sanctioning
3. LYFS Sanctioning 
4. Blue Lions Sanctioning

OTHER BUSINESS
Tractor Bids. The Commission received bids on a new tractor. The winning bid was from MB tractor for a Kubota B7800 HSD priced at $15,250. The commission will seek payment from the undesignated fund balance or maintenance trust fund. Not really sure which fund.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 12:57:48 AM by GDouglas » Logged

Glenn Douglas
Tom Dolan
Member:Full

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 09:19:29 AM »

Glen, It would have been more accurate to say that Dolan was double booked with a Budget Committee meeting and that I met with the Rec Commission before the meeting started to review their agenda (as you witnessed).  I felt my time was better spent with the Budget Committee given the nature of their agenda and the time of the year (budget season).  Please, let's not try to mislead.

Tom Dolan
Londonderry Citizen
GDouglas
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 01:39:12 PM »

Please, let's not try to mislead.

First off. I'm not a Rec Commissioner so I would have no idea why you were not at the Rec Meeting. I would have assumed you would attended the Budget meeting, since that is probably a little bit more important.

Second. After the Rec Meeting ended at approximately 8:00 I went across the hall to the Budget meeting. You were not in the room and in fact you did not show up until 8:15. I checked with two other people who attended the meeting and my time frame seems correct. You were not at the Rec meeting and do not appear to have been at the first 1:15 minutes of the Budget meeting.

You and 2 commissioners were not there. I did not feel the need to report that on the reasons the other two Rec Commissioners were absent either. They were not there. End of Story.

I'm not misleading anyone. I reported what I observed at the Rec Meeting.

Glenn Douglas
Tom Dolan

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 05:14:44 PM »

I was in the Budget meeting before the rec meeting started.  I then came into the rec meeting, then spoke privately with another councilor in a third meeting, then back to the budget meeting until approximately 11:30 PM.  (You were in the conference room with the rec commission when I came in).  I'm surprised you don't have a memory of that; you can check with Art Psaledis if you feel the need.

Tom Dolan
Londonderry Citizen
GDouglas
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 07:02:57 PM »

First I'm "misleading" people and now I have no memory. Well I tend to have a fairly decent memory and I write lots of things down.

More later.

Glenn Douglas
GDouglas
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 09:30:33 PM »

Here are a little more detail notes on the Recreation Meeting

I arrived at Town Hall early approximately 6:50. I spoke to two Budget committee members before going across the hall at 7:00. Since the Blue Lions were on the Recreation Commission agenda I arrived early to review the paper work we would be submitting. Art Psaledas also arrived early approximately 7:10. There was a little chit chat between my self Art, and two other Blue Lions members. At approximately 7:20 Tom Dolan arrived and spoke to Art Psaledas. Art said there were 4 teams up for sanctioning and Tom Dolan said he would be "in and out" between budget and Rec meetings. Tom Dolan left prior to the meeting starting.

Art Psaledas began the meeting early noting that Commissioners Boyle and Manning would be out at that time all other Commissioners were present except Ben Parker.

The Blue Lions began the meeting by presenting the required paper work to the commission. Ben Parker arrived at the meeting. The commission reviewed the papers which was complete.

Next up on the Agenda was LAFA. Ron Campo presented the documentation for LAFA, which again was reviewed by the commission and complete.

Londonderry Basketball followed again presenting their documentation which was reviewed and complete. Reviewing of all three teams took approximately 20 minutes

At this point on Commission asked who LYFS was since they had not yet arrived. Art Psaledas explained that LYFS is the new name of the Londonderry Jr Lancers and Panthers. He had spoke to Tony Dissessa earlier and expect the agenda to be a little "backed up" and suggested LYFS arrive at 8:00 PM

The commission reviewed the Impact fees. Art Psaledas explained that the Town Council had approved $87,400 from the Recreation Impact Fee fund. A brief discussion concerning mapping of the light poles and wires ensued. One commissioner recommended wire be run in a straight line from pole to pole so that it would be easier to find them later should any filed maintenance be required.

Skate Park was up next Art Psaledas spoke to the original designer of the park. He said he seemed to peak his interest in the park and discussed minor maintenance that was suggested. Bikes using the skate park was discussed and the designer "hemmed and hawed" about the subject. Art said he would discuss the issue again in the Spring.

Tractor bids were discussed. MB tractor had the winning bid. Art noted that this was a smaller tractor than the town tractor and could easily be moved with a pickup truck.

LYFS arrived at 7:46. Tony Dissessa, Jm Loiselle, and two other members presented the paper work. It was noted that Panthers had been in existence since 1970 but the only articles of agreement on file at the state house were from 1990. The commission asked about background check and Tony Dissesa detailed the two type of background check that could be done. Tony noted that the bylaws still had the Panther name but they would be updated soon to reflect the ne LYFS name. LYFS is current in the process of filing for 501cs status and changing all paper work with the state. Other paperwork was reviewed and found to be complete.

At the point another commission asked what paperwork would need to be refiled each year. The commission consensus was only document which would change such as team roster, taxes returns etc. LYFS left at 7:55.

A discussion concerning use of the School field by Londonderry Lacrosse was next. The lacrosse group would like to sponsor a tournament/festival and would like to use a fields over Memorial day weekend. Scheduling was discussed and the end result was that due to heavy use of those fields by LAFA a tournament would probably not be possible.

Art finished up the meeting by stating that the Town Council had not cut the Rec budget anymore.

The meeting adjourned at 8:05 PM.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 10:43:20 PM by GDouglas » Logged

Glenn Douglas
GDouglas
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007, 10:38:31 PM »

At 8:05 I went across the hall to the Budget Meeting which had begun earlier at 7:00 PM. There were a handful of citizens, the full Budget Committee, Town Manager and assistant Manager were also present. I sat in the Back the discussion was on Article 14 although I'm not 100% sure.

I don't fully understand the ins and out of the budget so I'll not comment on all the discussion which lasted until 11:26 PM

The budget Committee discussed Articles 15 thru 20 and after each discussion voted to support the articles. Several articles were motioned for reconsideration and a re-vote.

As I said I arrived at 8:05 PM. As is my habit I generally note when elected officials enter or leave the meeting.

8:15 Tom Dolan enters meeting
9:10 Tom Dolan (Town Councilor) asks to speak to Mike Speltz (Conservation Commissioner) out side the room
9:15 Tom Dolan and Mike Speltz return to meeting

Articles 18, 19 are discussed by the Committee

Article 2 Northwest Fire Station is discussed
Tom Dolan Speak for the Article
Al Baldassaro speaks against the Article

Article 3 Open Space is discussed by the committee.
This article was discussed in detail by committee member Tom Freeda who did not support the article.
Mike Spelt, Tom Dolan, and Kathy Wagner spoke in favor of the article.
Glenn Douglas asked how much it would cost to purchase the development right of the two remaining unprotected apple orchards, I also noted that Derry that did not have an Open Space initiative until last year has had a decrease in school students. As well as noting that if house prices continue to escalate new families with small children may not be able to afford to move to Londonderry. While I was asking question I was somewhat 'heckled' by a resident sitting behind me too.

10:13 PM
Kathy Wagner asked what two orchards were up for sale. Ms Wagner had been watching on cable but felt the need to drive to town hall and speak in favor of open space.

Did not note the time. Tom Dolan (Town Councilor) and Kath Wagner (candidate for Town Council) Leave the meeting,

At this point the meeting the time was getting late and honestly I had an attitude that a resident speaking has to listen to snide comments being made while they (Me) were speaking.

11:20 Tom Dolan and Kath Wagner return to the meeting.

Tom Dolan leaves shortly after.

At this point John Silvestro stated. "I wish Councilor Dolan had not left" because he had a question for him. Frank Hagerty Budget Committee member leaves and returns with Tom Dolan who was just leaving with his keys in the ignition. Silvestro asks Dolan about a line item in the budget. I do not recall the numbers, but the same question was asked of the School during last Friday's Deliberative session. The question was that there seemed to be a significant underestimateing of revenue from investment interest. I recall the discrepancy was several hundred thousand dollars.

Tom Dolan replied that he remembered the question from the deliberative session and will follow-up with the Town Manager. John Silvestro said he would like an answer before town meeting because he may be making a motion from the floor.

A motion to adjourn was made. John Silvestro mentioned earlier that this would be his last meeting and he would be a 'regular' citizen after serving twenty years. He joked that the committee did not let him make the last motion to adjourn. Adrian said he should announce the time of adjournment. Meeting Adjourned at 11:26 PM

After the meeting I went home. Had a slice of cold pizza and a chicken teriyaki strip. Updated my website and scanned over the Union Leader online edition.

At 12:45 I called it a night and went to bed. That's it. I still don't know how it was that I 'mislead' anoyone, but I guess that does not matter much.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 05:50:52 AM by GDouglas » Logged

Glenn Douglas
LYFS_Secretary

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2007, 03:38:13 PM »

For sake of clarity and correctness
LYFS was represented by:

Co-Presidents - Tony DiSessa & Tim Gonder
Co-Treasuer - Chalmer Swanson
Secretary - Jim Loiselle

1 - As I stated in the meeting Panthers were formed in 1977.
2 - As I stated the LYFS by-laws have already been changed and adopted by the organization and supplied to the Rec. Comm.
3 - As I stated, again at the meeting, according to the Dept. of State - the only file (and this was related to state law changes/adds) was the original articles of agreement from 1990.  Regardless, LYFS submitted to the Rec. Comm the revised articles of agreement approved by the NH DOS Corporate Division in December 2006 that changes our name to LYFS.
4 - Other than changing internal documents to LYFS from Panthers/Lancers - the only other "official" items that needed to change was the organizations name with the DOJ Charitable Trust Division and with the IRS for our 501(c)3.  These are merely 'administrative' matters as we noted and LYYS would submit those items when complete.  Again noting here that our 501(c)3 status and status with NH DOJ has not been affected - only a name change processs to complete.

An as an aside the people at the NH DOJ and DOS as well as the IRS have been very helpful in assisting myself and the organization with the process of changing our name and updating our status.

I agree with Tom Dolan the Budget process was far more important than reviewing "paper-work" being submitted by town programs.
GDouglas
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2007, 12:01:32 AM »

Thanks for the update.

Again I attend meetings, quite a few actually, I take notes, and I publish on this site a lot of it. The point is to keep people up to date with what is going on. I probably went a little over-board on some of the details, but I was accused of 'misleading' people.

The notes I take are not 'official' nor 'approved' merely what I heard and observed.

In many cases if you wait for the 'approved' minutes you'll be waiting quite a while.

The most current Recreation Commission minutes are from November 2006.

Glenn Douglas
Tom Dolan

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2007, 01:04:22 PM »

I would now concur with Mr Douglas' updated accounting of events.  And thanks for the clarifying comments.

Tom Dolan
Londonderry Citizen
GDouglas
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2007, 12:48:17 PM »

Minutes from 2/19 Town Council Meeting:

Councilor Dolan said Budget and Recreation met the same night. Majority of time was spent
with the Budget Commission, lengthy meeting.

Glenn Douglas
GDouglas
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2007, 12:56:57 PM »

Earlier in this topic Tom Dolan stated I was misleading readers of the forum because I said he was not at the Rec Com meeting.

Minutes from 2/19 Town Council Meeting:

Councilor Dolan said Budget and Recreation met the same night. Majority of time was spent with the Budget Commission, lengthy meeting.

At the 2/19 Town Council meeting Councilor Dolan made no mention of missing the first  hour and fifteen minutes of the Budget meeting and no mention of a private meeting with another Town Councilor.

Glenn Douglas
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: