TownUnderground - Londonderry, NH
September 25, 2018, 09:58:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow TownUpdate.com on Facebook or Twitter

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DN - Londonderry voters to decide Town Meeting future  (Read 1455 times)
GDouglas
Administrator

« on: September 02, 2010, 12:19:51 PM »

From the Derry News

Londonderry voters to decide Town Meeting future
By Suzanne Laurent
slaurent@derrynews.com
9/2/2010

LONDONDERRY — Voters in March will be asked whether they want to switch to ballot voting in 2012 and replace the traditional Town Meeting.

Complete story here

Here is what I find interesting in the article:

Commission members Marty Bove, Kathy Wagner and Steve Young voted against the recommendation and submitted a minority report to the town on Aug. 26.

"It's too bad that we were limited to 1,000 words," Wagner said, "because it made it difficult to get all the points across."[/
i]

The Draft Report doesn't contain a minority report, apparently the minority report that was 'filed with the town' was never sent to the majority. I emailed the entire Commission (with the exception of Mary Bove) and asked for a copy of the report. The only response I've received so far is that at least one Commissioner never got a copy.

No if the Majority report was not distributed to the minority we would hear cries of foul, but when the the shoe is on the other foot.......you just get kicked in the back side!

Note: I did not email Marty Bove, since the phone number and email for Marty on the Town website has been incorrectly published since April

GDouglas edit: Added story date.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 12:57:10 PM by GDouglas » Logged

Glenn Douglas
GDouglas
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 04:41:37 PM »

No reponse from the Charter Com or the Town Manager, but the Minority report was published on the Town website today.

http://www.londonderrynh.org/final%20charter%20commission%20minority%20report.pdf

Glenn Douglas
GDouglas
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 06:59:02 PM »

The minority report apparently fell through the cracks. The report was email to the Town and Chairman Farmer on 8/26. The report was not posted on the town website.

Glenn Douglas
Brian Farmer
Member:Full

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 10:07:08 PM »

No reponse from the Charter Com or the Town Manager, but the Minority report was published on the Town website today.

http://www.londonderrynh.org/final%20charter%20commission%20minority%20report.pdf
It is somewhat standard for the Chair of a particular body to reply so its no ones fault but mine that no answer was provided until late today to emails sent this morning.  I am sorry to disappoint if I did, but I really do have a real job and can't really sit here waiting for an email to pop up Grin

I had also expected that the minority report would have been posted sooner but it wasn't and I understand that there are times when these things happen. Sad

Brian Farmer
GDouglas
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 10:13:03 PM »

I am sorry to disappoint if I did, but I really do have a real job and can't really sit here waiting for an email to pop up Grin

Understandable, we all have day jobs. I did jump to a bit of a conclusion that the report was sent only to the Town and not to you or the other Commissioners.

Quick someone call Kathy.....I'm guilty of a conspiracy thought.

Glenn Douglas
bmahan

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 08:57:11 AM »

I'm glad that he didn't quit with only a few meetings left.
bmahan

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2010, 08:59:27 AM »

Sorry,

I posted the previous comment in the wrong section.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: