TownUnderground - Londonderry, NH
November 15, 2018, 05:59:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow TownUpdate.com on Facebook or Twitter

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Reason to Relay  (Read 689 times)
GDouglas
Administrator

« on: May 30, 2009, 10:05:41 AM »

The Greater Derry / Londonderry Relay for Life is appraoching fast. It's a wonderful experience if you have never attended feel free to stop by at the Pinkerton Academy track June 19 -20. The event begins at 6PM Friday and continues through the night ending at Noon on Saturday.

The Goal this year 18 hours and 32+ miles and hopefully a few $$ to donate.

My Reason to Relay

I Relay because I want to see an end to cancer during my lifetime. Relay gives me the unique opportunity to celebrate the lives of those who have battled cancer, remember loved ones lost, and support the American Cancer Society’s lifesaving mission by fighting back against a disease that has already taken too much.

Last year was my first Relay. It was a great experience.

At last years Relay my son and I walked 17 miles together before taking a break around 4am. I'll remember that time spent for a long time.

My daughter Taylor and her friend Allyssa spent the night walking and running through 12 miles.

Mack and I finished the final final lap together. He finished off at 25 miles and the 'old man' put on a few extra miles finishing at 31.5 miles.

Last years Relay was a great experience. I'm looking forward to this year.

If you are albe please support my efforts to fight back against cancer by making a donation or joining my Relay For Life® team.

My Relay Page
http://main.acsevents.org/goto/Glenn_Douglas

Whati is Relay?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esdA6RMpm3I&feature=player_embedded
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 10:53:05 AM by GDouglas » Logged

Glenn Douglas
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: