TownUnderground - Londonderry, NH
May 23, 2019, 10:16:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow TownUpdate.com on Facebook or Twitter

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DN - Primary to pare Londonderry GOP representative field by one  (Read 731 times)
GDouglas
Administrator

« on: August 29, 2008, 12:33:43 PM »

from the DErry News www.DerryNews.com

Primary to pare Londonderry GOP representative field by one
By Suzanne Laurent
Staff writer
August 29, 2008 07:00 am

LONDONDERRY — Ten candidates have filed for the nomination for a state representative seat on the Republican ticket and only nine can be chosen. On the Democratic side, six candidates have file.

Deirdre Carson, daughter of current Rep. Sharon Carson, has thrown her hat in the ring. Her mother is running for state senator. Deirdre Carson is a freshman at Clemson University in South Carolina, but said she will transfer to a local university if elected.

The last day to register to vote in the Sept. 9 state primary is Tuesday, Sept. 2.

The Londonderry Supervisors of the Checklist will be in session at the Town Hall from 6 to 7:30 p.m. on Sept. 2 to register voters and correct the checklist. No party changes will be accepted.

You may also register to vote on the day of the election. To do so, first go to the Supervisors of the Checklist (at the tables on the right side of the gym) to complete a voter registration form. Potential voters must be 18 years of age, by or on the day of the election. Bring proof of U.S. citizenship (birth certificate, passport, marriage certificate, baptismal certificate or naturalization papers) and proof of Londonderry residency (driver's license with imprinted Londonderry address, photo ID or document with Londonderry address).

On the Republican ticket are:

Karen Keegan-Hutchinson (I)
Betsy McKinney (I)
Sherman A. Packard (I)
Clinton Bailey
Alfred Baldasaro (I)
Deirdre Carson
Dudley D. Dumaine (I)
Frank Emiro Sr. (I)
James Headd (I)
Robert Introne Jr. (I)

Running on the Democratic ticket for state representative are: